DISCLAIMER..!!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Discovery of the Weekend:- "The CUTENESS of a girl is directly proportional to the UGLINESS of her best friend.!!"



It all began on friday evening with the Paris Hilton starrer "The Hottie and the The Nottie".
Riddi and me had plans to start the weekend with FUEL,Lemon Slice and Salt,but Riddi backed out at the very last minute as he had to drop Raph at Madiwala.But I just couldn't stop 
cerebrating the thought of Fuel,in a high ball glass,tinted with fine salt on the edges and a lemon wedge to sip.Wise people like Me and Einstein can hardly resist temptation.But taking a Fuel bottle in full and that too alone wasn't a viable idea..Hence I ditched my Fuel dreams for a date with the dark brown translucent bottle of MALT BEVERAGE.. labelled FOSTERS.
Two bottles of beer can make me happy, three can make me go whacky..but i had neither two nor three but ONE.. which made me half happy and half sleepy.
And there I sat with the empty bottle mulling about the rpm of the fan spinning above me."I had nothing else to do..!! :)."
Riddi was filing his online application so I couldn't fish on the net for UPDATES nor watch "Mandy and the Candy" the "ACTION" movie downloaded last week ;).
The door bell rang.It was Sharaa.Luckily he had his laptop too..Hurray..!!.
"Da plug in the charger before you switch on the lap and you can take the blue usb.I have copied couple of movies in that."Sharaa said.
Since I was running on a high reaction time owing to FOSTERS,it took me a couple of seconds to comprehend the sentence in full.I switched on the laptop, plugged in the charger and the usb.Sharaa had a collection of movies on the usb.I scrolled over the list.. none of them seemed to strike a familiar chord with my 2009 movie database.
I have this habit of watching the movies with funny names and the irony is that none of them turned out to be FUNNY..!!The typical ones where "I know what you did last SUMMER",which i expected to be a sex comedy deprived me of sleep for two days;"The number 23",which I belived was a baseball movie jinxed me to see 23 everywhere for 3 
days..But my spirit to pick movies by name hardly abated.So this time too my decision was biased.I picked "Hottie and Nottie".
I double-clicked on the avi file, the screen went black.I was waiting for the Colombia-Tristar to pop up,but even after 2 minutes it still stayed dark.It was then i noticed the red light flashing..out of charge..!!.I had plugged in the charger cable but the switched was not turned ON..!!Mm.. yeah the FOSTERS was working on ME.
I ignored the "ominous start" warning because it wasn't the first time.The movie was about a guy(Joel Moore) meeting up with his childhood girl friend(Paris Hilton) after 10 years,too unfortunate to find that she was still lingering with her ugly best friend from school.Though the director wanted it to be a fun movie, the actors did their best to deliver the worst of the performace.The expression less face of Ms.Hilton and the untimely dialogues of Joel made my 
evening from bad to worse.All I could really focus in the movie was the dialogue from Joel "The cuteness of a girl is directly proportional to the ugliness of her best friend..".
He recited those lines so often that by the end of the movie I learned it by heart..!
Having had a boring start to a weekend,I decided to step out on the road for a fag.Riddi joined me.It was 10.45 pm when I took in the first drag to ease my brain for having had a wrong pick this time too.We were standing next to the CCD near MALABAR.The CCD was still open.Sometimes I feel that my eye muscles are involuntary..its because each time I stand in front of APPEALING places like CCD's there is always this tendency to peep inside.:D.. yea its kinda uncontrollable..!! I peeped in through the tinted glass.It wasn't crowded though it was a friday night.There at the right end on the red couch was this girl in an orange bubble top,sipping hot chocolate smiling and chatting with the guy sitting opposite to her.. she had 
dimples too.. she was just awesome.Me and Riddi as usual stood outside gaping..!!From the way they talked,it was quite obvious that the "sparkles where in the air" and the "angles where playing the harp","waiting for cupid to bend the bow".She was laughing uncontrollably.In a desparate attempt to control it she leaned back on the couch..


"Fuck man .. look at her.!!"Riddi said
Sitting next to that gorgeous girl in orange on the same couch was another girl,a potential SUMO fighting prospect for India engulfing the last bit of the Chicken Croissant,which I belive the guy must have ordered for his girl.As we stood there, all three of them stepped out of CCD.The girl was walking behind her friend and the guy I belive was about to tell her that he'd drop her home.But throwing cold water on all their plans her SUMO girl pal pulled her hand and took her on her car..The guy stood there waving them good night.. !!
I felt a tremor down the spine.I could hear Joel saying "The cuteness of a girl is proportional to the ugliness of her best friend..!!"in my head.Yea my wrong choice was haunting me again.God.. I'm witnessing the dialogue enacted in real.!!The gorgeous orange girl 
with her nefarious SUMO pal.. Shit..WTF.
I laid back on my bed.. i couldn't sleep..rolled sideways and finally dug my head underneath the pillow so as to save myself from nightmares..!!
Saturday morning was fine..Woke up at 11.Hence I decided to skip breakfast for an early lunch at Clay Pot.Me Riddi and Sharaa reached Clay Pot at 1.10.We got the penultimate table on the second row.Sharaa and Riddi went to the wash meanwhile i settled on the chair.We placed our orders and anticipated for the dishes to furnish the table in front.. :P
There on the left row was the ORACLE girl,the fabulous looking,fair skinned,curly hair whom I had seen couple of times in our tech park. She was there,sitting opposite to me on my left side table.She had come for lunch with her pal i belive.I couldn't see the person who was sitting opposite to her since Riddi was blocking my view.Food arrived..I had to pay the price of my involuntary gape because owing to a lack of concentration own my food,I mixed payasam insted of daal with rice..!!
"Rice with paayasam is awesome guys..!!You should try it once.. :P"
I kept my blunder concealed because I din't want the two loafers sitting with me to create a havoc and embarass ME and that too in front of a girl..
Finally i accomplished the task of gulping rice and payasam and got up to wash.I went past her,ignoring the other girl sitting opposite to her.Washed my hand,turned around to take a tissue.I looked at the table where she was sitting..I was facing her back.. I looked at the 
girl pal sitting opposite her..My head spinned..!!
I could hear Joel playing harp,running around on my head,giggling at me and reciting his lines.. "The cuteness of a girl is directly proportional to the ..............."
No..Please.. no more wrong picks anymore.. Stop Haunting ME..!!!

6 comments :

  1. Unknown said...

    nee ithu ezhuthumbol Seena-ye kurichu ortho..??

    hehe..[:P]

  2. Sai Prasad said...

    Ithonum veetukaru kananda ... beer, orange lady, oracle girl ... wtf .. kollam :)

  3. LEO said...

    @ Latheesh:
    thanks aliya.. nee enne jeevikkan sammathikathilla alle..

  4. LEO said...

    @saipv:
    ha..ha.. that is the reason why i have started a blog with a different name..

  5. rmmonnet said...

    fosters,FUEL,redbull,orange lady great going...

  6. Marilda Effect said...

    i so didn like that movie! Shalloweness extreme! ;)like your object combos though!!