DISCLAIMER..!!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The potential advantage of having a name starting with "V"

It's Diwali Weekend.. and we haven't received any surprise  mails yet!!This was the topic of discussion for the past couple of days.Mr.Sai my team mate said that since its recession time,it might have reflected in the gift distribution too..
Even when people say that they really don't think that this time there will be any gift distribution happening,its quite obvious that in the back of their mind they pray and crave for the opposite..I represent that desperate majority!!.
Today being the last working day before Diwali the chances of Diwali gift surprise mail has narrowed down to 10%.I just couldn't accept this ignorance from the HR dept.Last time we got a BIG BOX of Cardbury Celebration as Diwali Gift.The problem with a gift distribution ceremony is that people like me believe it to be a custom from then on.. :-)
The only time when you keep a constant eye on your watch is when you are anticipating for something..Its almost 12 and I had given up all hopes of taking home a Diwali Gift this time.
Approximately at 12.35 my inbox ticked with a mail addressed to MSGBLR(addressed to all the staff in our Bangalore Office).BINGO..!! "Diwali Gift Distribution at Cafeteria @ 3pm.."
"Dude what do you think it will be this time"Mr Madhu asked.
"Man.. since we are Recession hit,i bet this time it will be Cardbury Gems instead of Cardbury Celebrations.." i replied.
Mr Madhu had to leave at 4pm to Chennai so he was getting a bit impatient.
"Dude can you collect my Diwali Gift too..??" he asked.
"Man people were carrying multiple gift boxes last time.. and there are rumors that it was during last Diwali that our company incurred maximum loss.They had spend more amount on Diwali Gift than the month end salary that time.1500 plus gift boxes were issued to 450 plus employees.. So this time on.., i bet there will be some kind of RF id tracker at the cafeteria entrance to embarass people if they carry more boxes than expected.." i replied.
Mr Madhu on hearing this decided to wait till 3pm to collect his Diwali Gift.
"Don't Worry..Go over to the cafeteria around 2.55, you will be the first person to collect the gift" i consoled him.
After a heavy lunch at the Clay Pot we got back to office at 2.20.
"Dude let me fill my timesheets we'll go over to cafeteria at 2.50 sharp"Mr Madhu said.
I had nothing much to do since my execution target for the week was met on thursday itself..I'm very systematic..lol.. I remigrated to the act of reading cnet reviews and the open eye sleep.
"Ting..Ting ..Ting.. " My IM window was pinging messages from Madhu..
"Dude chek your IM list..!!"the message said..I opened up the IM contact list scrolled down to my team list.God .. only two status icons in green..Myself and Madhu..!! All the others are Away..!! 
" This is the height of impatience..!!"
We ran to the lift lobby and pressed the down button, but couldn't get into any of the lift  since all of them where overloaded.We decided to take the stairs and that was a mistake..!!
I haven't been for a Rajini movie first day show before.. but Madhu said its pretty much like the one at the cafeteria.Long.. progressing cavalcade in front of the name boards tagged A-Z to collect the Diwali Gift.The one in front of the M-P section was the longest; having crossed a double loop.Madhu made it to the last of the queue.
I couldn't see the V nameboard anywhere near,but having seen the long queue in front of the others I assumed it to be a long one there  too.
"Man you stay in the queue i'm leaving.. i'll get my box later" i said to Madhu.
"Dude if you want the Diwali Gift this time you better stand in the queue.Else there are chances that someone else may claim your gift.. :P"Madhu replied.
Having a name starting with V had always given me trouble in my school days.Being "V"'ed I had to wait till the end to get my answer sheets and report cards.Waiting was not a problem but the hardest part was the burning tension inside and the cold feet which made me sweat till my turn.I hardly found a solution for that.I tried hiding behind the desk,closing my eyes and tapping my foot to deviate my attention from the answer sheet but it hardly helped.
The more I tried to ignore it , the faster my heart pounded..!!
My past "V" alphabet experiences revived and tarnished my thoughts to expect a catastrophe this time too.I looked around for the "V" board.I could see it hanging at the very end of the cafeteria, but I couldn't see the queue in front of it.I moved lazily towards the name board.. expecting a BIG line there..
GOD..!! this is fantastic.. There is hardly five people standing in the queue there at the "V" board.I rechecked the board.Yea its "V".This is just awesome.For the first time I felt lucky to have a name starting with "V".Proud to be "V"'ed ;)

0 comments :